Experiencing dry, cracked or flaky skin? Body butters are here to save the day (and your skin)!
What is a body butter?
Body butter is a thick, rich cream typically made from vegetable based oils and butters, such as Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter and Jojoba Oil. It deeply moisturizes the skin and works its magic best when applied to damp skin after a bath or shower. Body butters combat dryness and are particularly useful for rough skin on hands, feet, knees and elbows.
What is the difference between lotion and body butter?
The key differences between lotion and body butters are the texture, consistency, and level of hydration they provide. Let’s take a look at each:
- Consistency and Texture:
- Lotion: Lotion is typically water-based, giving it a thinner consistency and a more lightweight texture. In turn, it absorbs quickly into the skin.
- Body Butter: Our body butter has a thicker, creamier consistency due to its higher concentration of oils and plant based butters. With its rich texture, the butter melts into the skin slowly.
- Hydration Level:
- Lotion: Lotions provide a moderate level of hydration to the skin. They are suitable for everyday use, especially if you have normal to slightly dry skin and help maintain the skin’s moisture balance.
- Body Butter: Our body butter offers intense hydration and is particularly beneficial for dry, dehydrated, or rough skin. We blend in organic Coconut Oil and Jojoba Oil to create a protective barrier on the skin’s surface, sealing in moisture and preventing water loss.
- Lotion: Lotions often contain a combination of water, oils, emulsifiers, humectants, and other additives. They may also contain additional ingredients like vitamins, antioxidants, or fragrances.
- Body Butter: We said “bye, girl!” to cheap fillers and enriched our body butters with organic Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter, as well antioxidant rich Vitamin E, to leave skin dancing on Cloud9.
Why are the benefits of body butter?
Body Butters offer a plethora of benefits, including:
- Deep Hydration: Our body butters are incredibly moisturizing, thanks to power of plant based butters. For thousands of years, Shea and Cocoa Butter have have used in therapeutic and beauty products, due to their high fatty acids content that allows skin to regularly retain moisture.
- Softness & Nourishment: Our blend of good-for-you ingredients in our body butter deliver essential nutrients and vitamins to your skin. This nourishment helps to improve skin elasticity, promote a smoother texture, and soften rough or dry patches. It also leaves the skin feeling velvety and supple.
- An Elevated Experience: Traditional lotions can fall flat when it comes to a pampering and indulgent experience. If you want to up your moisturizer game, we got you! You can indulge in the cotton candy scent of our Unicorn Body Butter, vanilla raspberry scent of our Mermaid Body Butter or the tangy cherry and orange scent of our Rainbow Sherbet Butter.
How do you use body butter?
Using body butters is easy as 1, 2, 3! Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Take a small amount of body butter and warm it up between your hands.*
- Massage the butter into your skin, focusing on any dry or rough areas. For best results, use right after the bath or shower.
- Allow the butter to absorb into your skin for a few minutes before getting dressed.
*Remember, a little body butter goes a long way and using too much can make the skin greasy. Also, we don’t recommend using body butter on the face, as it’s heavy texture can be clogging.
So with all you know now about body butters, what are you waiting for? It’s time to butter up, buttercup!