Free Shipping on orders $25+

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $25+ FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS $25+

Three Skin-Friendly Facial Mask Recipes

3 Kid-Friendly Face Masks Blog Hero

When you’re in the mood to be pampered, but don’t want to leave the house, all you have to do is walk to the kitchen! You and your loved one can have an at home spa day with these 3 kid friendly fruit facial mask recipes that use only 3 ingredients. Because life is too short not to indulge in self care on the regular, kick it up a notch and put cucumbers over your eyes. Did you know cucumbers are 96% water? Yup, it’s true. Do you know what the other 4% is? Us either, but now we’re curious!

So put on the spa music, light a candle, hang a disco ball and give your skin a little TLC. Be sure to patch test the face mask for irritation on a small area of skin before applying it fully.

1. Nourishing Banana Oatmeal Mask

Oatmeal is excellent at soothing skin while the Vitamin A in banana helps moisturize.

Ingredients:

  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 2 teaspoons coconut oil

 

Instructions:

  1. Using a blender, grind the oats.
  2. Add the banana and coconut oil to the oats and blend until smooth.
  3. Using your fingers or a brush to apply the mask liberally to the face.
  4. Let the mask sit for 15 minutes.
  5. Wash the mask off with warm water.

2. Calming Chocolate Yogurt Mask

Flavanols in the cocoa powder help to calm skin that is prone to irritation. Plus, who doesn’t love a little chocolate?

Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons yogurt
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons cocoa powder

 

Ingredients:

  1. Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.
  2.  Using your fingers or a brush to apply the mask liberally to the face.
  3.  Let the mask sit for 15 minutes.
  4. Wash the mask off with warm water.

3. Hydrating Avocado Mask

Did you know that Avocado is actually a type of berry? Yup and your skin is going to love it!

Ingredients:

  • 1 soft avocado 
  • 1/3 cup plain yogurt
  • 2 teaspoons honey

 

Instructions:

  1. Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.
  2. Using your fingers or a brush to apply the mask liberally to the face.
  3. Let the mask sit for 15 minutes.
  4. Wash the mask off with warm water.

Share:

Articles

Why Skin Loves Shea Butter & Cocoa Butter

As an esthetician for over 10 years, I always flip over a product and read …

Read More →
Articles

Summer Fun

What kid doesn’t love Summer? Long break from school, ice creams, lemonade, sleepovers, BBQs, sun, …

Read More →